Nikon unveiled the newest member in the COOLPIX family – COOLPIX P100. This new camera has a series of firsts for Nikon, with the debut of a CMOS image sensor and full High Definition (HD) movie (1080p) capabilities in the COOLPIX line.
Additionally, with a 26x Optical Wide Angle Zoom glass lens and a 3.0-inch 460,000-dot vari-angle Clear Color Display LCD screen, the COOLPIX P100 delivers a compact camera fully equipped and readily able to expand a user’s photographic potential.
The COOLPIX P100 is Nikon’s first compact camera to offer full HD movie (1080p). Both the optical zoom and autofocus functions are available while recording video.
The Nikon COOLPIX P100 digital camera features a 10.3-megapixel backside illumination CMOS sensor, which enables high-speed shooting at 10 frames per second (fps) at full resolution and exceptional image quality even when shooting in low light settings.
The 26x Optical Wide Angle Zoom-NIKKOR ED glass lens offers compositional freedom, with its wide angle (26mm) to super telephoto coverage (678mm).
Additional features of the Nikon COOLPIX P100 digital camera include:
- 10.3-megapixels and Backside Illumination CMOS Sensor for stunning prints as large as 16x 20 inches, while retaining fine detail
- In-Camera High Dynamic Range (HDR) merges multiple images of the same scene to create an image with a range of tonal detail that could not be captured in a single photo
- Night Landscape Mode combines a series of images into a reduced noise composite for low light shooting
- 3.0-inch Vari-Angle 460,000-dot Clear Color Display LCD and Electronic Viewfinder
- Program, Shutter Priority, Aperture Priority and Manual Exposure modes
(source: press release)